Monday 29 July 2013

All change!

By Lauren Hague - Marketing Assistant

Well what can I say, no week in marketing is ever the same, and I can definitely say that for the past week!

Firstly we have shortlisted for another award, this time the CIPR PRide awards for the Best External Publication for our Postgraduate Prospectus! 

We are all very proud. Not only does a lot of work go into the finished publication but the actual award submissions can be pretty grueling too. You often have to prove how you have met the objectives set and prove why the publication was not only successful but innovative too. This sometimes involves a great deal of number crunching and some (a lot of) pestering of our Market Research Manager for help with the research! (Thank you Andy!)  So it is always nice when our hard work pays off and we are shortlisted.
This week are nearing the sign off of the new postgraduate prospectus, which we are all very excited about, it, is always great to see a project completed (and off our desks!) Just in time to start working on the revamp of the UCMK prospectus.

Me, Rehanna and Scott are also currently working on updating 13 subject guides between us. These are designed to show prospective undergraduate students what is going on in their subject area they are interested in. They contain news stories, student profiles, what courses are available, what the facilities are like and staff updates. I like doing these kinds of jobs as it means a lot of liaising with different departments and is a great way to update your knowledge about what is going on around the University, which is vital when you are working in marketing.
Bye Bye Marketing pod! :(

In other news… it’s all change again in the team as I will be leaving *sob *sob. I have accepted a position in the Digital Marketing Team as Digital Marketing Officer. I won’t be going too far (3 rows of desks to be exact) and will still be working closely with the team but in digital capacity instead. I am very excited about taking on the role and to get stuck in. I did my degree in Digital Media Design so digital communication is where my interest lies.
Hello Digital Marketing pod!

I have loved working in my team and will be sad not to be sitting with them anymore (which will just mean more lunches to catch up!),  I have learnt an enormous amount since I have started and great deal of that is down to the team taking the time and being patient enough to show me. Thank you!:-D 

So overall I’d say a pretty good week all in all. Shortlisted for an award and a new job, can’t complain…

No comments:

Post a Comment