Monday 18 December 2017

If money was no object, what would you do?


This my favourite question to ask people, when I am having a conversation and there is nothing else to talk about, haha.
What about you dear reader? What would you do?

For me, I would be doing the same thing with a couple of added hobbies such as motorbiking.

“A lot of people do work that they don’t like, to buy things they don’t need to impress people they don’t know” this quote is originally from Dave Ramsey a financial writer and I just reworded it slightly.

The question is do you work to live or live to work?

A book that I am currently reading has said that success is no longer just about money and status, it has broadened to include living and working on one’s own terms while making a difference in the world.

I tend to agree on this point if 30 years down the line you have spent the majority of your time accumulating financial wealth and social status. What would that actually mean to you?
For instance, a palliative care nurse Bronnie Ware who has spent several years as a burse has written a book called “The Top Five Regrets of the Dying”

The 1st top regret is “I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.” Now think and reflect on your life, how do you see it? Can you relate to this top regret?

Now, this is the interesting part the 2nd top regret is “I wish I hadn’t worked so hard” Interestingly this regret is mostly by men as most people that Bronnie took care of were from the older generation.

Anyhow, away with the depressive and pessimistic stuff and let’s think positively.
How can we change? (Of course, if you wish to)

Simply by living…by action

Do something new this week, experience things that you have not done before, help someone in need, smile more and tell the people that matter to you, that you care and lucky to have them.

But hey! What do I know?

I am just a man J

Thank you for reading and I hope you have enjoyed this post and remember to live, not exist.

The world awaits…so shine on.



4 comments:

  1. Refreshing post. Thank you. The suggestion of doing new things is something I will look at making a new year's resolution. Again....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog post Ibraham! I was thinking about trying to learn some new skills in January, and now feel even more inspired to do so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you a lot, Ellie. I wish you the best of luck!

      Delete