Thursday 6 October 2016

You can never know too much

Last month I was invited to attend the "Award-winning postgraduate marketing" seminar, hosted by Find a University. The event was held in Liverpool, so I traveled up the night before and was particularly impressed with the wallpaper in my hotel room!

The next morning I had one too many pastries at the buffet breakfast and set of for the day. The seminar featured talks from marketing professionals from both home and international universities, as well as speakers from marketing agencies.

Events like this are invaluable as they provide an opportunity to network, and to learn more about what is happening in the higher education sector, both nationally and internationally. The talks identified some of the challenges the industry is facing, and the different tactics various institutions are using to combat said challenges and reach out to audiences in new ways.

The event ended with a panel discussion on Brexit and how this will impact PG recruitment. It's a very interesting topic, with most people holding very strong opinions on the subject, so it will be interesting to see how this pans out for the sector over the next few years.

Next week I'll also be attending the Higher Education Show in London. The day is filled with various talks from key speakers in the industry focusing on different areas within the sector including the student experience, marketing and admissions, facilities and technology, and research and collaboration. This will be my first time attending this particular event so I'm excited to see exactly what the day holds.

In other news, last week I was out and about around the University, photographing some of the freshers events (one of the many perks of working for the University is picking up some freebies at the freshers fayre and indulging in the £1 domino's pizza!). There were some great events happening, and it was great to be able to speak to some of our new students as they start to settle in and find their way around the campus and town. My favourite event was, of course, the puppy room. If you missed it, where were you?!


1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete