Wednesday 1 April 2015

Hello from the new FMA!



My name is Ingrida, although most people call me Inga. I am one of the two new Faculty Marketing Assistants that Sarah mentioned in her blog post in February. I have worked for the university before, but last year I left my job to go traveling. It’s my fourth week on the job and I cannot complain about the lack of activities here!

I look after the faculties of the Business School, and Health and Social Sciences. My work closely relates to the Digital and the Press teams within MARC department, and of course the majority of activities within the faculties.

For example, at the moment I am working on the new issue of BedsBiz, the Business School’s quarterly magazine showcasing student, alumni and staff stories, achievements, and collaboration with businesses and the community. Whenever I visit the Business School, I always find out something new that is happening or about to happen! In April-May we will have the Digital Marketing Manager of Bugatti evaluating student suggestions on the brief provided by the company earlier this year, and a visit from the remarkable Colonel Emmanuel Kotia.  

Health and Social sciences also have a lot going on. We have been allocated 20 more spaces for our Nursing degree at our Aylesbury campus for a May start (accepting applications now). We have hosted the annual Sports Therapy Conference in Luton where apart from learning and networking opportunities students could present their dissertation posters showcasing their projects: I went along to capture some of that on video.

I have been updating faculty and course pages with additional information, having meetings with staff about publications, interviewing students about their experience, getting trained to work with different software, and drinking lots of coffee!

I will be delighted to share more of faculty developments and more of what I do in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment