Thursday 26 June 2014

One down, one to go

Kylie Aldridge, Marketing Officer

So, I’m back from my holiday now and it was great!! I’m feeling refreshed and even have a wee tan, which is unusual for me. Before I went away I managed to get most of my big jobs wrapped up, which means  my first week back was more relaxed than expected (but by no means easy!) because as usual we have lots happening with in our small team.

Hot off the press!
It’s arrived…
My final job before going on holiday was to brief the final amends to the UCMK prospectus ready for print and with the help of my colleagues, Sarah and Clare, who picked up the final print sign off in my absence, the prospectus was sent off to print week commencing 2 June. It arrived on my desk last week, and it looks great- clean and professional, even if I do say so myself, and we've had some good feedback from the wider MARC team. So that was the highlight of my first week back. Just the postgraduate prospectus to finish now, which is still chugging along nicely…

As some leave us, more arrive
As the summer approaches and the University buildings slowly empty, our team still have lots of key focuses. One of which is our new students who will be starting with us in September. As part of the focus on our new students, Sarah is working on our new student guide and I am working on our college and nursing guides. These are important publications for new students and aim to provide valuable information on registration and orientation, next steps of student finance, our Students’ Union and lots more- a full guide to starting with us.
I am also working on evaluations from our recent open days, the June edition of our B4Beds e-zine and editing CRM videos.

UCAS convention at Bedford
As many of you will know, we held the Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire and Milton Keynes UCAS Convention at our Bedford campus on 23 and 24 June. And I am told from my colleagues around the office that this was a really good (and busy) event, and the sun was out which always helps, especially when you have live bands playing.

Speak to you all soon

K

No comments:

Post a Comment