Thursday 4 June 2015

Where have the last two months gone?

I can’t believe that it’s over two months since I started working at the University! When I was writing my first blog post I was only a couple of weeks in and was just finding my feet – just over two months later and it feels like I’ve been here forever (in a good way!)

As promised I’ve been kept really busy with a lot of different tasks which has been a great way for me to get my head around all the different areas the MARC department are involved in. I’ve been writing content for the new PG prospectus, the UCMK prospectus and the new student welcome guide, sourcing images and liaising with various staff members. We’re now in the proofing stages and it feels great to see all of our hard work coming together!

I’ve also filmed a couple of videos which have appeared in the e-zines. It’s been a while since I used video and editing equipment so it felt really good to get back into it!  It was also a nice way for me to meet both staff and students around the university. I’ve got a couple more videos planned this month so don’t forget to smile at the camera if you see me about!

I sent my first edition of PG Life last week which was rather exciting. If any of you read it, I hope you enjoyed it! At the moment I’m beginning to plan the next edition as well as content for a couple of other e-zines for potential students and new starters.

Later this month I’ll be helping out at the Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire and Milton Keynes UCAS Convention, which is being hosted at our Bedford campus on the 22 and 23 June. I’ve participated in open day events when I was on my placement year but this will be the first UCAS fair that I’ve attended since I went to one when I was in college so I’m looking forward to helping out and seeing what goes on (maybe I’ll grab myself some freebies whilst I’m there too…).


All in all June is looking like an exciting month with prospectus sign-offs, e-zines and UCAS conventions! Not to mention that it’s my birthday this month and I’ll be celebrating it by singing along to Taylor Swift at Hyde Park! And I’m also going to Download festival next weekend! If you’re thinking that Download and Taylor Swift don’t really go together you’re probably right but what’s life without a little diversity eh?! 

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you here. Time flies and you do not even realize it. I started planning for my wedding almost three months ago and I am still not done without any tracks of time as well but I am glad that I hired the best venues Los Angeles .

    ReplyDelete