Wednesday 30 April 2014

Post-Easter catch up



On my first day back after a relaxing Easter break, I attended some photography training, kindly organised by Heidi for the Comms team. During the course we went into a lot of depth about how to make the most of our cameras. The course leader reminded us on several occasions that humans are far more intelligent that cameras, but I’m not convinced I supported that theory for a lot of the day! 

The day was fairly confusing at times but I left feeling far more confident in my understanding of which setting to use when. I learned about how RAW files allow you to better edit a photograph and how to manually focus too. I suppose that time will tell as to whether it all sunk in but I’m hoping that with a bit of practice my photos will improve a lot.

Now the Easter break is over the marketing team is working really hard on the 2015 postgraduate prospectus, and the UCMK prospectus too. After lots of hard work by Sarah and Kylie on flatplans, we’re ready to bring these publications to life. Watch this space!  


I’ve been doing lots of work on promoting the postgraduate Jubilee Scholarship and spreading the Open Event coming up on 22 May. Other tasks have included sending out recommendation emails to all our third year students by department, to suggest PG courses that might suit them. As ever, I’ve been filming and editing lots of videos to brighten up our PG Life ezine.
word about the postgraduate

As you can probably tell, it’s very busy here but it’s really exciting to see more big projects get underway as we continue our efforts to show prospective students why Beds should be their first choice!

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment