Friday 21 March 2014

It's all new

Hi all. I’m Kylie - another marketing ‘newbie’ having recently joined the University of Bedfordshire as Marketing Officer. As well as being new to the MARC department here and the University itself, I am also new to Luton and the South East in general.

I’m originally from the North East but have been living in the South East (Suffolk) for 19 months and very recently moved to Hertfordshire when I took up my position at the University. So, I've had lots of new things to get used to; new people, new surroundings and new ways of working.

My first three weeks...
I've been working in the MARC department for almost three weeks now, so I'm just starting to find my feet following lots of meetings and reading up on strategies and marketing plans- all really useful stuff! I've really enjoyed my three weeks here- I had a lovely introduction to the marketing team and related departments as well as a yummy welcome lunch on my first day (any excuse to eat pizza). The team are great and I’m really looking forward to working with them as I get stuck in to the workload.

As I approach my fourth week there is a lot going on with work starting on the UCMK prospectus (my first big project as part of the team) as well as open days, campaigns and the new CRM system launching. Lots to keep me busy! 

I’m also slowly working my way around the different campuses- I had my official University induction at Putteridge Bury on Tuesday (what an impressive building!) and I’m visiting our UCMK campus on Monday with my colleague Michelle, so I’m looking forward to seeing what the newest addition to UoB has to offer!

Look forward to updating you all again soon! K

No comments:

Post a Comment